Dream Dinners Franchise Reviews 9 Reasons Why Family Meals Matter
Even if they aren’t aware of it, parents play a profound role in their children’s health and nutrition. Parents set a nutritional example for their children when they purchase certain foods from the grocery store and serve specific snacks and meals. Studies have shown that children can even learn eating habits from watching their parents eat.
By being conscious and intentional about what you serve your family and in the manner in which you eat, you have the power to shape your children’s eating habits for the better. In fact, many studies show that when families eat together on a regular basis this can have a great positive impact on the family as a whole and its children. Although running out to a restaurant or ordering food in may be the easier route for busy mothers and fathers, the benefits of eating in-home and home-cooked family meals are substantial. Today, Dream Dinners franchise reviews 9 statistics that demonstrate why Dream Dinners franchise encourages families to eat in-home, family meals on a regular basis.
9 Reasons Why Dream Dinners Franchise Encourages Families to Eat Together
- Children who share mealtime with their families are 24 percent more likely to eat healthier foods and are 12 percent less likely to be overweight, a recent study by Cornell University found.
- Children who eat 5 meals a week with their family demonstrated healthier eating habits than those who didn’t, a study by Harvard University found. These children tended to eat more fruits, vegetables and juice and less soda and fried foods.
- Children are less likely to suffer from an eating disorder and are more likely to be a healthy weight if they eat regular family meals, the American Academy of Pediatrics cited.
- Children can improve their language and listening skills by eating regular meals with their families because they are exposed to real-world conversations in a safe environment. Participating in thoughtful, casual conversation can help a child refine his or her unique views.
- Children are more likely and willing to try new foods during family meals, a study by the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found. Gradually introducing children to new foods while you’re in a safe environment like your home will help to end the picky eating power struggle for good.
- Teenagers who eat dinner with their families 5 nights a week or more are less likely to have tried smoking, marijuana or alcohol, a study by Columbia University’s Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) found.
- Eating regular family meals can increase a child’s likelihood of performing well in school. Of children who ate dinner with their family 5 or more nights, only 9 percent received C’s or lower in school compared to 20 percent of children who ate dinner with their family 3 nights a week, a study by Columbia University’s Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) found.
- Families can cut their monthly food budget in half by swapping out out-of-home dinners for in-home meals, the Bureau of Labor Statistics found. Per-person cost of a meal at an average restaurant totals $8 compared to just $4.50 when eating at home.
- Sitting down to eat a family meal can help mothers reduce stress levels. This proved especially true for working moms who are balancing taking care of their families with working a full-time job, a study by Brigham Young University found.
How Dream Dinners Franchisees Can Help
Although the benefits of eating regular family meals are clearly valuable, many mothers and fathers are simply too busy to plan, shop for, prepare, cook and clean a fully nutritious meal every night of the week. That’s where Dream Dinners franchisees can help. Dream Dinners franchisees aim to help out these on-the-go mothers and fathers by helping them to prepare and assemble family meals to take home and freeze for an easy and quick dinner when they need.
Do you want to help your community “grow great kids” while also making the lives of mothers and fathers easier? Then becoming a Dream Dinners franchisee may be the right career path for you! To learn more about how you can purchase a Dream Dinners franchise for sale or bring a new Dream Dinners franchise location to your neighborhood, visit the Dream Dinners franchise information page today.