Dream Dinners Franchise Reviews 5 Fun Family Activities to Try Before the Kids Go Back to School
With your kids out of school until August or September and the beautiful weather rolling in, summer is the perfect time to get in some quality family bonding. As a Dream Dinners franchisee, you know the importance of spending time with your family – so don’t let the opportunity fall by the wayside while everyone has looser schedules. Before you know it, it will be back-to-school season, and that’s why now’s the perfect time to plan some family fun.
Today, Dream Dinners franchise reviews five fun activities to plan for your family before the kids are back in school.
- Open up a lemonade stand – Summer days can get hot, so what better way to help everyone cool off than open up your very own lemonade stand? You and your kids can plan a front-yard lemonade stand without much prior preparation. All you need is a table, lemonade, cups, a sign and you’ll be ready to set up shop! Encourage your kids to get creative when designing the sign advertising the lemonade stand. Have fun when calling drivers and pedestrians over for a refreshing cup. If you want to benefit your local community, consider donating all of the money you collect to a local charity.
- Be a tourist – No matter if you live in a small town or a big city, there’s likely some sort of fun park, museum or establishment nearby to explore and spend some time in. Whether it’s a nature preserve, a water park, museum or local carnival, planning a surprise daylong outing will surely excite your kids and create lasting memories. Don’t forget to bring a camera and lots of sunscreen!
- Pick some berries – There are many local berry patches spread across the country and many of them allow guests to come and pick their own fresh produce. Whether strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries are your favorite, try and find a local patch near you. Since berries are in their peak season during the summer, there will likely be an abundance to go around. Not only will you get to spend a beautiful day together outdoors, but you’ll also be able to nosh on a healthy snack and teach your kids the benefits of eating enough fruit – a win-win for parents.
- Go camping – What better way to teach your kids about the great outdoors than a weekend-long camping trip? If you want to go all out, pack up your truck with sleeping bags, tarps, firewood, lanterns and other camping materials and drive to your nearest state park or campsite for the weekend. If you’re not outdoorsy enough to plan an extravagant weekend trip, then pitch a tent in your backyard and camp out for the night. Light a fire and make s’mores; tell ghost stories and sleep under the stars as a family. No matter your wilderness experience or liking for outdoors, there’s definitely a camping option that’s right for you.
- Throw a backyard barbecue – Is there anything more characteristic of the summer months than a good old-fashioned backyard barbecue? Invite a big group of your friends and family over for some delicious food, refreshing drinks and entertaining activities. Not only is a barbecue a great opportunity to gather your friends and family, but it can also double as advertising for the delicious Dream Dinners meals your franchise can provide. By using Dream Dinners, you’ll be able to offer summer foods without having to deal with the stresses of cooking for a big group. August’s Turkey Florentine Burgers, Herb Crusted Flank Steak and Gaucho Grilled Pork Roast taste delicious when cooked on the grill. For some grilling tips to ensure that your barbecue will go off without a hitch, click here.
Although it may seem like summer is only halfway over, back-to-school season will be here before you know it, so don’t forget to make time for fun family activities now. Try any of these five ideas above, and we guarantee your kids will thank you for the awesome day.